US President Donald Trump on Friday called the recent Supreme Court ruling against his global tariffs a "disgrace" and said he has a backup plan in mind, CNN reported, citing people familiar with the remarks.
The comments were made during a working breakfast with US governors.
Earlier in the day, the US Supreme Court ruled 6-3 that Trump is not authorized to impose global tariffs.
"Fulfilling that role, we hold that IEEPA [International Emergency Economic Powers Act] does not authorize the President to impose tariffs," the court's opinion published on Friday said.
GR
FR
DE
ES
IT
RU
EU
The Supreme Court’s decision affirms earlier findings by lower courts that tariffs Trump imposed under IEEPA were illegal.
ReplyDeleteCorte Suprema de EE.UU. admite que la devolución de aranceles de Trump puede ser "UN CAOS"
ReplyDeleteAt the same time, the Supreme Court did not clarify whether the US administration should return the money paid as tariffs earlier. "The Court says nothing today about whether, and if so how, the government should go about returning the billions of dollars that it has collected from importers," Justice Brett Kavanaugh said.
ReplyDeleteUS President Donald Trump says he will impose 10% additional global import levy following Supreme Court ruling striking down tariff policy
ReplyDelete